A concentrated calcium supplement for individuals most at risk for calcium inadequacy*
DiCalcium Malate contains DimaCal®, which is optimally absorbed and is more concentrated than other calcium forms, providing more calcium per capsule.
Research indicates that a large proportion of the U.S. adult population does not consume the 1,300 mg of calcium the U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommends for daily dietary intake. Individuals who are at the most risk for calcium inadequacy because of decreased intake, disordered metabolism, decreased absorption, increased loss, or increased need include peri- and postmenopausal women, vegans, individuals who take certain prescription and OTC medications, and those with a vitamin D deficiency (because vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption).* Thorne's DiCalcium Malate (DimaCal®), with 250 mg per capsule, is more concentrated than other forms of calcium (such as calcium carbonate), and is absorbed significantly better than calcium carbonate.*
DiCalcium Malate consists of one molecule of malic acid that is bound to two molecules of calcium, which results in a compound that is 29-percent calcium – compared to calcium citrate, which is 19-percent calcium – thus resulting in more elemental calcium per capsule.
Those individuals most at risk for inadequate calcium intake are:
- Peri-menopausal and post-menopausal women
- Women with irregular menstruation, particularly women in which this is due to prolonged athletic activity or strenuous military service
- Individuals on a dairy-free diet
- Vegetarians and vegans, because their diets are higher in plant-derived phytates and oxalates that inhibit calcium absorption
- Pregnant women, particularly women with a history of gestational hypertension
- Individuals on prescription and OTC medications such as antacids (H2 blockers or proton pump inhibitors) that can inhibit absorption, or glucocorticoids such as prednisone that can increase calcium loss
- Individuals with a vitamin D deficiency – because vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Take 1 capsule two times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Keep out of the reach of children.
Safety-sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in cool, dry place.
|Serving size||1 capsule|
|Servings per container||120|
|Calcium (as DimaCal® DiCalcium Malate)||250 mg||19%|
|Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Medium Chain Triglyceride Oil.|
* % Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established
While hama mall strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by hama mall