Universal antioxidant and metabolic support*
Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant used in Europe to promote liver and nerve health, and confer protective benefits against oxidative processes. It has been called the “universal” antioxidant because it boosts glutathione levels in cells already within a normal range and has potent antioxidant actions.
Alpha-lipoic acid consists of two different forms (isomers) that have vastly different properties. The “R” form is the biologically active component (native to the body) that is responsible for lipoic acid’s phenomenal antioxidant effect. The “S” form is produced from chemical manufacture and is not very biologically active. The human body normally produces and uses the “R” form of lipoic acid. This active form, R-lipoic acid, significantly supports healthy inflammatory response, is a potent free-radical scavenger and has been shown to be more potent than the combined “R” and “S” forms that comprise most alpha-lipoic acid supplements
What Makes Livon Labs Liposomal Alpha Lipoic Acid Unique
The amount of Alpha Lipoic Acid we consume in foods and that we produce in our bodies is minuscule, and only small quantities can be absorbed. However, that form of Alpha Lipoic Acid (racemic, or R-ALA) found in nature is more bioavailable and biologically active than the synthetic form (S-ALA) found in many Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements. Livon uses 100% R-ALA in our Lypo-Spheric® R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, and because Alpha Lipoic Acid is both attracted to and repelled by water, making absorption in the gastrointestinal tract from oral supplements unreliable, Livon employs patented technology to wrap the Alpha Lipoic Acid molecules in double-layered spheres (liposomes) that protect the nutrient through the digestive system and transport it into the bloodstream for absorption in the cells.
Alpha Lipoic Acid Benefits
- Maintains Healthy Blood Glucose Levels* – Multiple placebo-controlled studies have shown that daily doses of 600 mg to 1,800 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) can support glucose utilization, allowing you to keep healthy blood sugar levels that are already in the normal range.*
- Critical for Energy Production* - Alpha Lipoic Acid is an important cofactor to two key enzymatic reactions within the Kreb’s Cycle, the energy production process in the cell mitochondria. This Cycle converts food into fuel for every action — from walking to wound healing to thinking — and for it to function at its optimal level, it requires adequate stores of Alpha Lipoic Acid.*
- Supports Skin Health* - Because Alpha Lipoic Acid is soluble in both fats and water-based bodily fluids, it protects every organ in the body — including the skin — from the harmful effects of free radicals. You need Alpha Lipoic Acid for optimal production of the master antioxidant glutathione, which is critical for healthy skin. Alpha Lipoic Acid also prevents formation of sugar metabolism byproducts called Advanced Glycation End Products that build up in the skin and cause premature aging.*
- Promotes healthy nerve function* – Alpha Lipoic Acid appears to reduce the frequency and severity of symptoms of the most common kind of diabetic neuropathy such as burning, pain, and numbness in the legs and arms.*
Liposomal alpha Lipoic Acid for Metabolic Support + More
|1000 mg Essential Phospholipids
|500 mg Phosphatidylcholine
Why Choose Lypo-Spheric® R-Alpha Lipoic Acid?
LivOn Labs' powerful Lypo-Spheric® Alpha Lipoic Acid is the most advanced liposomal supplement on the market. If you're serious about your health, you want to choose Lypo-Spheric® nutrients. Liposomal R-ALA is the first choice of people who really understand bioavailability and the importance of high-dose Alpha Lipoic Acid. All other forms of Alpha Lipoic Acid rapidly crash into an absorption barrier that vastly limits the level of Alpha Lipoic Acid that can enter the bloodstream...that means the ALA that doesn't get absorbed, gets flushed. (Important note: all the Alpha Lipoic Acid in your food is just as restricted by this absorption barrier.)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
As a dietary supplement, take one packet 1-2 times per day. For best results snip or tear the notched end off the packet, squeeze into one or more ounces of your favorite cool beverage, drink on an empty stomach, and wait at least 15 minutes before eating. We do not recommend mixing the product with a hot beverage or with any high-speed blenders or food processors. The dietary supplement will NOT dissolve in liquid and has no artificial colors or flavors.
Storage Instructions: Refrigeration is recommended for maximum effectiveness. Do not freeze or place in direct sunlight for extended periods of time. The stability of the Lypo-Spheric™ R-ALA deteriorates rapidly once an individual packet is opened. We do not recommend storing partially used packets of the Lypo-Spheric™ R-ALA for later use.
Special Notes: R-ALA is a powerful antioxidant that may cause the body to detoxify too quickly. If you experience gastric upset, muscle aches or flu-like symptoms, drink plenty of water to help the body flush out the toxin overload. Consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product if you are taking glucose lowering medication, or receiving treatment for under-active or over-active thyroid.
Serving size: 1 packed (5.7 ml)
Servings per container: 30
(as R-Lipoic Acid Sodium Salt)
|R-Alpha Lipoid Acid
(from R-Lipoic Acid Sodium Salt)
|Essential Phospholipids (from soy lecithin)
|Other Ingredients: Deionized water, Alcohol (preservative), Natural flavors, Xanthin gum, Citric acid
* % Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Contains Phospholipids derived from soy.
While hama mall strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by hama mall