Collagen is the most plentiful protein in your pet’s body – it makes up as much as 30% of his or her body’s total proteins and 70 to 80% of the protein in skin. Found in the connective tissue throughout the body, collagen provides the structural scaffolding for tissues to maintain their integrity and flexibility.
Collagen supports the integrity of your pet’s muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, digestive tract and skin. It plays an essential role in many functions:
- Supports digestion by increasing stomach acid and attracting and holding liquids, including digestive juices in your pet’s gut
- Helps restore and maintain gut health, as well as support immune function
- Supports normal detoxification processes as a precursor amino acid for glutathione
- Supports healthy muscles and energy production during exercise by forming creatine along with two other amino acids
- Supports the genetic building blocks, DNA and RNA, for healthy cells
- Supports your pet’s normal healthy inflammatory response
As vital as collagen may be to your cat’s or dog’s well-being, her body’s capacity to produce it declines as she ages.
Lost collagen can be replaced, however. The sooner you begin supplying your pet with the building blocks his body needs, the more likely you can help support healthy, comfortable movement and all of collagen’s other potential benefits.
Dr. Mercola's Organic Collagen Powder is unique for several reasons. It’s...
- Sourced from Organic Grass Fed Beef Bone Concentrate and not a by-product of the leather industry.
- USDA Certified Organic so you know exactly what you’re getting.
- Third-party tested for heavy metals so you can serve it to your pet with confidence.
- Not processed with metal salts as it’s a minimally processed “complete” source of collagen.
- Created especially for cats and dogs so it’s free of additives, flavorings, added sugar, onion, spices and MSG.
- Very palatable thanks to a dash of Himalayan salt, making it a great option for increasing your pet’s fluid intake.
Simply boiled and dried, Dr. Mercola's Organic Collagen Powder for Cats & Dogs is the closest thing possible to slowly-simmered beef bone broth – only without the hard work and long wait. Just mix with water and it’s ready to offer to your pet.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Mix powder in a bowl with amount of water specified in the chart below and offer to pet, once per day.
Cats (2+ lbs.) - 1.2g (¼ Scoop) - Add 1 fl oz of water
Toy Breed Dogs (Up to 14 lbs.) - 2.4g (½ Scoop) - Add 2 fl oz of water
Small Breed Dogs (15-29 lbs.) - 4.8g (1 Scoop) - Add 4 fl oz of water
Medium Breed Dogs (30-49 lbs.) - 7.2g (1½ Scoop) - Add 6 fl oz of water
Large Breed Dogs (50-79 lbs.) - 9.6g (2 Scoops) - Add 8 fl oz of water
Giant Breed Dog (80+ lbs.) - 12g (2½ Scoops) - Add 10 fl oz of water
For animal use only. Keep out of the reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. Federal law prohibits the off-label use of this product in ruminants.
Serving Size: 1 scoop (4.8g)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Organic Grass-Fed Beef Bone Concentrate |
|Inactive Ingredients: Himalayan Pink Salt, Organic Gum Arabic.|
† Daily Value not established
While hama mall strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by hama mall