Allergies are extremely common among both cats and dogs today, and they are one of the top reasons for veterinarian visits.
Unlike the typical respiratory symptoms that plague humans when they have seasonal allergies, allergies can show up in your pet as skin irritation, itchiness and inflammation. Your pet may lose hair, develop rashes, hives, open sores or “hot spots,” inflamed ears, and feel downright miserable.
If your pet’s symptoms change with the seasons, they’re most likely from seasonal allergies. Potential allergens can include grass and weed pollens, trees, mold spores, insects, and even human personal care and cleaning and pest control products.
Left untreated, seasonal allergies can become a year-round issue. Rather than suppress symptoms with steroids (which is often the traditional veterinary approach) or stimulate an already overactive immune system, you want to support your pet’s healthy normal immune function to help it “re-balance itself” and respond normally.
Over the last 20 years in his practice, Dr. Mercola has developed a seasonal allergy protocol of herbs and vitamins, now available as Pet Seasonal Support, to help:
- Support an optimally functioning immune system, allowing it to re-balance itself when confronted with environmental allergens
- Support a normal inflammatory response to potential allergens by helping to maintain normal histamine levels
- Bring greater comfort to pets during allergy season
This unique formula contains 8 nutrients that address the root cause of your pet’s discomfort rather than covering up the symptoms:
- Quercetin – Helps quell the fire of redness, irritation, and inflammation by promoting normal histamine levels with its potent antioxidant activity.
- Bromelain – Increases the absorption of quercetin, and together, promoting a normal inflammatory response by supporting normal prostaglandin release.
- Vitamin C – A potent antioxidant that supports a normal inflammatory response while having a natural anti-histamine effect.
- Bee Pollen – Widely used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine for its “superfood” properties, bee pollen may help desensitize your pet to allergens.
- Plant Sterols – Produced by plants, these molecules may support a normal inflammatory response and a balancing effect on immune function.
- Butterbur Extract – Long used for medicinal purposes, this is a favorite of mine for its ability to promote a healthy normal inflammatory response to allergens.
- Stinging Nettle Leaf – Promotes a normal response to allergens by helping to maintain normal levels of histamine and other pro-inflammatory chemicals.
- Cat’s Claw – An herb from the highlands of the Peruvian Amazon, it has become one of South America’s most prescribed herbs for promoting a normal immune response to allergies.
Seasonal Support is a pet-friendly beef liver-flavored powder that you simply give to your pet once or twice daily.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Administer orally, once or twice per day.
Cats (2+ lbs.) - 0.5g (½ Scoop)
Toy Breed Dogs (Up to 14 lbs.) - 1g (1 Scoop)
Small Breed Dogs (15-29 lbs.) - 1.5g (1½ Scoops)
Medium Breed Dogs (30-49 lbs.) - 2g (2 Scoops)
Large Breed Dogs (50-79 lbs.) - 3g (3 Scoops)
Giant Breed Dog (80+ lbs.) - 4g (4 Scoops)
For use in cats & dogs only. Keep out of the reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately. Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. Federal law prohibits the off-label use of this product in ruminants. Not to be used with blood thinners.
Safety-sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in cool, dry place.
Serving Size: 1 scoop (1g)
Servings Per Container: 90
|Vitamin C (from Calcium Ascorbate)||150 mg||†|
|Bee Pollen||100 mg||†|
|Quercetin (as Quercetin Dihydrate)||100 mg||†|
|Plant Sterols||75 mg||†|
|Cat's Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) Bark||50 mg||†|
|Stinging Nettle Leaf||50 mg||†|
|Butterbur (Petasites hybridus) Root Extract||4 mg||†|
|Inactive Ingredients: Beef Liver, Microcrystalline Cellulose.|
* % Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established
While hama mall strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by hama mall